Skip to main content

Movies for a Musical Weekend




Who doesn't like to have a weekend full of enjoyment and free from all week's stress. Trust me when I say there is nothing more relaxing than a musical. I don't know why but life is so easy in it. The human psychology is hard wired to love music, the taste may vary but I don't think anyone would ever deny loving it. So even if the story is shity, it's the music which carries you away.

So without delay let's get to the movies.


(There are many other great musicals but I'm only listing the ones I think you may haven't watched and are really great)

The Sound Of Music




This 1965 released movie is one of it's kind and still is loved among all. The story projects how a joyful nun gets into the life of 7 motherless children with a strict father and wins heart of all by her loving nature. This musical is a classic. Caution the hangover of this one may last for a week of more.

Good to be watched with family or friends.
(Unless you are a stereotypical male, yeah you may not like it at some points)

La La Land




Oh God this is just the best movie I would have ever seen till yesterday (In Drama/Romance category, we'll come to that in a while).
Really it's a classic musical with best cinematography, coreography, soundtracks, actors, storyline and everything! Yeah I love this movie if you haven't figured it out yet.

So the story portrays a struggling actresses Emma stone and a struggling musician Rayn Gosling. Both while going to their separate ways crossed path once and then the story began. Rayn loves jazz but Emma, naah. And I still remember that scene when she said, " I should probably tell you something now, to get it out of the way. I hate jazz." But I'm sure you would be in love with it till the end. Emma and Rayan succeeds in their respective careers but in the end they find themselves torn between their love for each other and their career.

The musical drama carries you away to all the classics you have ever seen in Hollywood. Full of breathtaking moments and unexpectedly great story line. I'm sure you would love it.

Can be watched with friends, not that much a family type tho. I suggest to enjoy it alone in night when everyone is asleep without any disturbance.(Worked for me)

And I'm sure you would need some clarifications in the end of the movie, mention them in comments. I'll try to satisfy.

Romeo And Juliet (2013)




Now this is that movie which I watched yesterday and is now the best musical I have ever watched.

(It's not much of a musical than a romantic drama, but it qualifies the list.)
Everyone knows the tale of Rome and Juliet. Two lovers separated by their families interest, Casting Hallie Stanfield as Juliet and Douglas Booth as Romeo.

Guys I want to tell you it's not the story, I mean it is but it's not just that. It's the art of story telling which makes it the best.
The cinematography and those sound tracks made thee in love with thy. Yeah man this movie speaks Shakespeare without any modifications. It was an experience never had before.

The movie is on imdb 5.8 and I dont know why is that, with only 33 lacks in box office. I don't know why people didn't like it, I mean I loved it.

This classic musical can be watched with family or friends but not with gf/bf until you want to have akward silence at the end. Anyways it's your wish. But do watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Booth 2018 (RECOMMENDED NETFLIX)

Mandatory pic with bff boy and girl  Okay so its an another high school / teen / fairyland romance from netflix releasesd in 2018. Best suited for 14-19 age group, yeah teens. So big story short; a boy, a girl are bff which has nothing wrong but that boy has a hot elder bro who is off limits for the bff girl and if  it isn't obvious that she have a crush for the hot elder brother. Starring tiny Joey King as the bff girl and 6'4'' Jacob Elordi as hot brother. Yeah you can imagine the chemistry. That pal gotta bend halfway down for every kiss!?  I still wonder was it the script demand or they just couldn't afford  Steven R. McQueen. They would have been a perfect match, even the king queen!?  Its well directed, pretty obvious and screwed up story line but still holds up the interest till the end.Full of extreme moments which would make you jump out of your seats.   Good for a weekend movie to watch with your girlfriend/boyfriend. Or if  you just want to b

YOU (Binge Netflix)

YOU Netfllix Welcome back Nibbas, wait who am I kidding. You are here for the first time, Alright nothing to be sad about I'll make sure it's not your last. So as any other sad Wednesday I'm here to bring you a binge watchable series of the week and today as the title suggests. It's YOU!,  a Netflix original Crime Thriller. The story starts with Joe Goldberg , a bookstore manager AKA Badass Stalker , in New York, who upon meeting Guinevere Beck , an aspiring writer AKA the girl with a broken bed and who likes to change clothes with an open window, which is btw in front of the god damn road! And conveniently makes Joe immediately infatuated with her. To feed his toxic obsession over chicks he can't get because he ain't really that smart (sorry bro), he uses social media and other technology AKA front window to track her presence and remove obstacles to their romance... and he fixes the bed. Well, moreover it's a thrill with an intriguing

The Awakening (Recommend Horror)

Want something interesting to watch on this weekend? I have just the right thing for you. Its a movie I came across with, it was screened in 2011 but still its a jaw dropping thrill and suspense sequence.  Starring Rebeeca Hall as Florence Cathcart who has devoted her career to exposing hoaxes. She visits a boarding school to investigate sightings of a child ghost. However, the phenomenon surrounding her is beyond science.  It goes pretty smooth till the halfway but then it starts to taker a turn and at the last 2/3rd part it just blows up every interpretation or prediction you made, wait for it, its worth. Yea, now you also want a free link to watch. https://royalmovies.to/movie/the-awakening.t7ff/watch